Boiled Noodles Recipe
During winter time we usually need to eat hearty meals like soup, and this time, I have a popular Asian recipe for boiled noodles.
- Ready pack of wet noodles
- 1/2 chickens
- Cabbage, cut rough
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 boiled eggs, each cut into 2
- 3 stalks of spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 ltr water
- 5 garlic
- 5 candlenut, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Fried shallots
- Chili sauce
How to make:
- Soak the chicken in lemon juice approximately in 15 minutes, then wash and drain.
- Boil chicken in a low heat until quite soft.
- Remove the chicken and fry until golden, then shred.
- Saute ground spices until fragrant, then add into the broth.
- Add soy sauce and shredded chicken then bring to a boil.
- Put tomatoes and cabbage, and cook until wilted.
- Finally add the noodles, scallions and celery.
- Lift and serve immediately along with other supplementary ingredients.
My family prefers to not boil the noodles together. Usually, I prepare the broth beforehand and before serving it, simmer the broth, then put tomatoes and cabbage into it. Meanwhile put the noodles, shredded chicken, eggs, some onion and celery leaves in a serving bowl then pour the boiled broth over it. You can also sprinkle with fried onions.