Cassava / Potato Donut
I usually use potato when I make home made donuts. This time I try to use cassava, as there is a little cassava in my kitchen. To have a really smooth cassava, after cassava is steamed and mashed, then filter it with a little bit of water. We do not need a lot of water, just to get the cassava mashed out of the filter.
Try this recipe, the result is also yummm, just as we make potato donuts.
- 500 gr flour (high protein)
- 1 sachet fermipan / instant yeast
- 75 grams of refined sugar
- 50-75 grams of milk powder
175-200 gr cassava / potatoes, steamed, mashed, then cooled
- 2 eggs, large size
- 100 ml cold water
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
How to make:
- Mix ingredients A, then
- Add ingredients B, mix well.
- Put ingredients C, mix until the dough becomes half dull.
- Put ingredients D, stir until it is completely smooth. (Signs dull: The dough is not sticky and can be pulled up to thin and transparent)
- Round the dough in a closed container, then let it stand until fluffy 2 times.
- Shape the dough, then let it stand until quite fluffy.
- Fry it until golden brown
- Sprinkle the top with icing sugar or chocolate sprinkle or cheese as you wish
You don’t have to use all the water. Pour approximately 75 ml in advance, if the dough is too dry add a little water while stirring the butter.