Chicken & Cheese Curry Puff Recipe
- 500 ml of water
- 150 g margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 gr flour
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons margarine, for frying
- 100 gr onions
- 350 grams of chicken, boiled, then cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 pieces of white bread
- 50 ml of liquid milk
- 100 grams of grated cheese
How to make:
- Boil water, salt and margarine.
- Add flour, stirring until cooked.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the egg yolks, stir (shake) until well blended.
- Soak the bread in milk, puree it then set aside.
- Saute onion until fragrant.
- Add chicken stew.
- Add pepper, nutmeg and salt.
- Allow it to cool.
- Mix eggs and bread that has been smoothed.
- Then put it into the chicken saute, and stir.
- Grease a heat resistant dish with butter.
- Add 2/3 curry puff dough into it, flatten.
- Cover it with the filling, flatten.
- Sprinkle grated cheese.
- Add the rest of 1/3 curry puff into the plastic triangle.
- Then create a woven pattern on top.
- Bake it about 30-45 minutes in the oven with a temperature of 200 C.
- To get a brown effect, use the top heat/fire for a short time.
- It is more delicious if it is served while still hot and accompanied with chilli sauce.