Chicken Soufflé Recipe
Usually when we make a soufflé we need 4 or 5 eggs, but here I am trying to cut the eggs into 2 only and to use low fat cheese and low fat milk to make it healthier. It turned out delicious and my kids love it!
- 75 grams of butter
- 75 grams of all purpose flour
- 300 ml low fat milk
- 200 grams of minced chicken
- 50 grams of carrots, grated
- 75 grams of low fat cheese
- 2 egg yolks, whisked
- 2 white eggs
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and butter 6 aluminium or heat resistance cups.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and whisk until it is mixed well.
- Pour in warm milk little by little, whisking until smooth.
- Reduce the heat and whisking constantly until the mixture is very thick.
- Add minced chicken, carrots, and cheese.
- Pour in the egg yolks, whisking to blend.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Using an electric mixer beat egg whites in another bowl until stiff.
- Pour the white eggs into the lukewarm soufflé mix.
- Transfer the batter into 6 cups.
- Place the dish in the oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Bake until soufflé is puffed and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.