Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- 1 packet of instant yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg, large size
- 1 egg yolk (additional to make the bread more tender)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
Butter, to spread
For the stuffing:
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Salt, a little to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 4- 1 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves (I use almonds)
How to make:
- In a large container, mix instant yeast and warm water
- Add milk, sugar, butter, salt, eggs, and 2 cups flour
- Stir until well blended
- Add 2 cups flour again
- Knead until the is really smooth
- Round the dough
- Grease a container with a little butter, put the dough into it
- Rotate the dough until the entire surface is swept by butter
- Cover the container with a damp cloth
- Leave in a warm area until the dough expands 2x, or for about 1 1/2 hours
- Hit the dough until it is back to being flat
- Let it fluff again, about 1 hour.
For the topping:
- Grease a muffin tin with butter
- Over medium heat, melt butter, add brown sugar, corn syrup, and pecan halves (almonds). Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Take care not to boil the solution (later will crystallize)
- Enter the topping ingredients into muffin mold base
- Set aside
For the stuffing:
- Within the container, mix brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside
- Sprinkle work surface with a little flour, then mill until the dough measures 12 x 12-inch
- Brush the surface of the bread with melted butter, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Roll up bread elliptically
- Using a sharp knife, cut the bread into 12 slices
- Insert bread into the muffin tins
- Allow 40 minutes to inflate.
- Preheat the oven with a temperature of 350 F
- Bake the bread until cooked, about 30 to 35 minutes
- Remove it from the oven, allow some time to cool
- Invert muffin tins and serve the bread on a serving plate
- Enjoy the warmth of the bread with the fragrance of cinnamon and melted topping !!!
- For the mold I use aluminum foil cups.
- The Baking time, I just need 25 minutes.
- The process, I try to use is the overnight way: after the last step, cover the bread dough tightly with aluminum foil, store in refrigerator.
- The next morning, just before baking, remove the dough about 20 minutes before and then bake.
You really can enjoy a breakfast of cinnamon rolls fresh from the oven !!