Cleanse & Relax with Tumeric Tea
Tumeric Tea –
So you ask is this true? Today I made my version of Tumeric Tea and interestingly it reminds me of Jamu (The traditional Indonesian Herbal drink) … hmm.. maybe you would be interested if we did a series on this…?
So today my body is feeling a bit lethargic and I seem to feel my kidney area tense up. Ok, I shall go to the doctor maybe next week — but I do know that there are Herbs that can heal and make one feel better naturally.
Turmeric contains curcumin, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Most studies used turmeric extracts that are standardized to include large amounts of curcumin. ~ University of Maryland Medical Center. Read more…
So here is where Tumeric Tea comes in. It is absolutely delightful. Just drinking it has made me feel relaxed and it’s placebo affect is making me feel I have cured myself. *If you do have ailments please consult a doctor before consuming any herbs or herbal products.
Here is what you need:
- Small pot
- 2 cups of water
- Any kind of black/lipton/jasmin tea — 1 tablespoon will do.
- Cinnamon bark
- 1 tablespoon Chamomile
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 inch of freshly grated tumeric (I don’t recommend the powder kind but if you must 1/2 teaspoon will suffice.
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper corns *optional
- Honey to sweeten.
- On medium heat simmer/slight boil all of the ingredients for about 10 minutes.
- Sweeten with honey