Plan Your Life!

Plan Your Life!

As a kid in elementary school 90% of my classmates wanted to be doctors and the remaining 10% wanted to be teachers. We grew up, however, and some of our skills grew too: some kids could draw and some could write; while some had a natural talent in baking cupcakes! I also remember a couple of girls who could handle a school charity sale like professional sales representatives.

After high school we came to realize that we have the ability to do more than one thing, to be more than one thing, and to accomplish more than we expected! But with this realization we find ourselves a little puzzled because at some point in our lives we must make a decision concerning what to study in the upcoming years of college. It’s not easy to choose even though we understand that our whole lives are built on that choice! Yet it must be done.  So we sadly let go of what we used to do with so much passion like drawing or cooking, just to have enough time to focus on one goal: college!

Well, you really don’t need to let go. The first thing you need to fully understand is that you do have the time to do all that you want to do. According to a recent social study; people waste more than 4 hours every day just on social media and internet browsing!  You must be honest while answering the question: “Am I really busy all day?” and trust me, you are not! It doesn’t matter if you are a student, a teacher, a housewife, an accountant,  an engineer, a doctor or even a president!  We all have 24 hours a day and we all have the same basic needs like sleeping and eating. With simple math you can realize that you do have free time, maybe not daily, but weekly! You do have a few hours every week to do something that would bring you peace and joy, don’t you?

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: “نعمتان مغبونٌ فيهما كثيرٌ من الناس، الصحة والفراغ”

Our beloved prophet -peace be upon him- told us that “health” and “free time” are “blessings” and that you need to take good care of your free time the same way you pay attention to your health.

Now, the second step requires a pen and a cute, cheerful time table, yes it has to be nice, cute and cheerful! In this table you can plan your morning, plan your day, plan your week, plan your life! Time is not a barrier, it is not an obstacle, it is a Blessing that Allah (SWT) will ask us about. The Quran has implied the importance of having a balance in a Muslim’s life:

(قال تعالى (وَابْتَغِ فِيمَا آتَاكَ اللَّهُ الدَّارَ الْآخِرَةَ وَلَا تَنسَ نَصِيبَكَ مِنَ الدُّنْيَا وَأَحْسِن كَمَا أَحْسَنَ اللَّهُ إِلَيْكَ وَلَا تَبْغِ الْفَسَادَ فِي الْأَرْضِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يُحِبُّ الْمُفْسِدِينَ

Planning accomplishes balance. It will help if you can find the time to nourish your soul with praying and reading a few verses of the Quran. This will help you to get the grades you want in college, or to find the time to do the hobby you thought was insignificant. I believe nothing is insignificant amd everything that makes you calm and happy is important. It will fit into your life perfectly with just a little bit of planning. Be organized, aim for the stars, and always ask Allah (SWT) for blessing and guidance.

 Finally, here is a glimpse of my own personal planner;
Screenshot_2015-05-13-01-12-01-1 plan Plan Your Life! Screenshot 2015 05 13 01 12 01 1

Taghreed AlBaroudi

Related Posts