Don’t be Sad My Sister in Islam…my True Story
Death is bound to come to all creatures. We cannot hide nor can we avoid it. At what age a person will be returned/dead is unpredictable. We, couldn’t predict this as happened to our first child thirteen years ago.
Some friends advised me to sue the doctor who has neglected to check the condition of our baby carefully because the day before my baby was passed away we went to his clinic for regular check-up. There seemed nothing to be worried about.
Sister, it was not because I did not want to act anything against my doctor. But my husband and I thought for what purpose? Nobody can return our baby’s life other than Allah wills.
Abdullah RA reported that one day Umm Habibah, wife of the Prophet prayed, “O Allah make longer my age together with my husband the Prophet Muhammad, as well as my father Abu Sufyan and my brother Mu’awiyah.” Muhammad Rasulullah salallahu ‘alaihi wa salam said, “You ask about death which is certain (irreversible). Invoke a predefined number of days, as well as rizq that has been allocated up that cannot be expedited before the time comes, and cannot be delayed a bit of time because it has been set. If you invoke the protection of Allah from the punishment of hell or the grave, it’s better and nicer “(Hadith narrated by Muslim).
My heart so saddened. But, I am a Muslim and believe in Allah swt. And because of my love for Allah swt. I did the following things to express my faith and also to overcome the loss feeling in my heart. I want to share with you on my steps…
- First, I opened my heart and let myself accept taqdir and be sincere and accept that this is Allah’s will.
- Secondly, I multiplied my prayers, du’as and remembrance to Allah.
- Thirdly, I read a lot of religious books, especially about the test that comes solely from Allah subhanahu wa ta ‘ala. If necessary, call Ustadz / Ustadzah to support you.
- Fourth, I filled my days with positive activities, so there is no time for me to remember the sadness.
- Fifth, totally belief that behind the difficulties there are eases.
To quote one verse in the Qur’an,
And give glad news to the people are patient, (i.e.) those who, when misfortune befalls, they say: ‘inna lillahi wa innaa ilaihi rooji’uun. Those that got a perfect blessing and mercy from their Lord and they are the ones who receive guidance. “(Surah Al Baqarah: 155-157).
May we belong to the people who are patient.