Fast & Easy Fish Dish
This fish recipe takes around 20 minutes to assemble. PS: if you don’t like fish you can substitute it with chicken breasts – the small kind for easy cooking. I make this at least once a week because it’s healthy and fast! Also, does well as leftovers for lunches.
What do you need?
- Large shallow baking pan. I used a Pyrex.
- 4 Medium Yellow Potatoes – peeled and sliced medium thick.
- 1 large tomato
- Handful of Spinach
- Frozen or Fresh Tilapia Fillets – 8
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 2 lemons – 1 sliced thin for garnish. Other lemon – squeeze for juice
- Pickle / Lemon Pickled water. Find jar of pickled lemons (Moroccan style) and use that water. – 1/4 cup
- Handful of olives
- Handful of shredded carrots
Sauce to pour over fish:
1 tsp: salt, pepper, turmeric, ginger, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup pickled lemon water, Juice of 1 lemon. Chili paste (if you prefer heat) — mix in separate bowl.
What to do?
Imagine you are making lasagna – same idea. Just layer it on in this order:
- Green Pepper
- 1 small bowl of water (add-in the sides of the pan, so as to not remove the “sauce” from the top of the fish)
Put in oven at 360 degrees Farenheit. Around 1.5 hours. I usually just then leave it in the oven which we eat later. But if you leave fish for more than 1 hour – cover with foil so not to dry out the fish.