The Pillars Of Hajj
The definition of the pillars of Hajj is: activities that must be performed in the Hajj, and if they are not done, the individual’s Hajj is not valid. The pillars of Hajj are as follows:
- Ihram, the statement for beginning to perform Hajj or Umrah for wearing Ihram with the intention of Hajj or Umrah from miqat (a point/place to start ihram).
- Wukuf, Wukuf at Arafat, namely silence, devotions and prayer at Arafat on the 9th of Dhul-Hijjah.
- Tawaf Ifadah, Tawaf Ifadah, surrounds the Kaaba 7 times, is performed after throwing pebbles Aqabah on the 10th of Dhul-Hijjah.
- Sa’i, Sa’i, i.e. walking or running a little between Safa and Marwah 7 times, it is performed after Tawaf Ifadah.
- Tahallul, Tahallul, shaving or cutting the hair after executing Sa’i.
- Orderly, Orderly, which is working on the activities in accordance with the order and nothing is left behind.
When performing the pillars and obligations of Hajj it is important to take advantage of time as much as possible, to multiply prayer, to multiply going to the mosque, seclusion (I’tikaf) in the mosque, and increasing in reading the Qur’an. Take advantage of the time as well as in Arafat, as that’s when the gates of heaven open to hear Allah’s servants’ pleading.
Mentioned in the hadith Qudsi, Allah (SWT) says that:
“Look at My servant in Arafat who is sluggish and dusty. They come here from all over the world. They come begging for My mercy even if they do not see Me. They asked for the protection from My doom, though they do not see Me.”
Allah (SWT) glorifies days of wukuf at Arafat. That day Allah (SWT) comes close to people who are staying at Arafat to listen to their expressions and complaints, staring at the faces and their behavior. The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said:
“. . . He (Allah) grows close to the people at Arafat. He proudly said to the angels, what is desired by those who are performing wukuf? “
On that day, Allah (SWT) loves it if we pray to Him. On the contrary, Allah (SWT) becomes angry when humans are not convinced of sins being forgiven in Arafat, as in accordance with the word of Rasullullah (SAW):
“The greatest sin among men is someone who is performing wukuf in Arafat and is prejudiced that Allah will not give mercy” (Al-Khatib in the book Al-Muttafaq wal Muftaraq)
The day of Arafat is great and glorious, although wukuf lasts for only a few hours. It is very important to pray in Arafat, as it is watched closely by Allah (SWT) and He is proud of us in front of His angels:
“Hi My angel! What is the reply (to) my servant when he glorifies Me, when he says tahlil for Me, when he says takbir for Me, when he glorifies Me, when he recognized Me, when he praised Me, when he shalawat to My prophet. O My angels! Witness, for I have forgiven him, I intercede (help) him. If My servant asks certainly I will give for all people performing wukuf at Arafat.” (Imam al-Ghozali)
Greeting for those performing hajj and may the pilgrimage be a blessing, may the individuals all that has been carried out during pilgrimage be applied to their daily lives for making them people rahmatan lillalamin.