Halal Food Recipe: Bukhari Rice
It is nice to eat lunch or dinner together with family or friends during holiday. My family likes Arabic food as our main course. This Bukhari Rice is easy to make, simple, and delicious… I want to share it with you and I hope you will like it too!
- 2 cups of BASMATI rice
- 2 red tomatoes chopped
- 1 full tbs of tomato paste
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 2 tbs of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 kg of lamb meat (or chicken)
- 1/2 cube of chicken stock if you are serving with chicken, or beef stock if serving with meat. It will give an extra flavor.
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- cinnamon stick
- 2 carrots, cut it into matchstick shapes
- dried raisin and fried almond for garnished (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil, add chopped onions, and stir fry until tender and light brown, put the meat, stir for a while, then add tomatoes, tomato paste, cinnamon stick, pepper, beef/chicken stock, little salt and water, cover it.
- Let the meat done then separate the meat and the liquid. This water/liquid is used for cooking the rice.
- Wash thoroughly the rice and pour the liquid of meat, cook and stir for 30 second. Bring to boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes. Before the rice cooked, add the carrots, simmer it and cover it for a while. Serve rice and put the meat/chicken on the top, then garnish it with toasted almonds and raisins.