Halal Recipe: Chocolate Banana Cake
Chocolate banana cake is different from common banana cakes because you add cocoa in the ingredients. Here is how you make,
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour milk (put 1 tbsp. of vinegar in 3/4 measuring cup, fill with skim milk)
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream margarine with sugar until white then add eggs one by one, and mix .
- Mix in banana and vanilla.
- Mix flour with remaining dry ingredients.
- Add flour mixture to margarine mixture in 3 parts, alternating with sour milk.
- Begin and end with flour.
- Spread in 2 greased 8″ cake pans.
- Bake in oven about 40 minutes.
- When cool, frost generously with chocolate butter frosting.