Halal Recipes Series: Risol
Alright. It’s super cold in Raleigh NC. And I have been sick for the last couple of days…Subhannallah, just last week the weather felt like spring and this week back to winter freeze! During cold months cravings for ‘happy food’ is called for. So, this following recipe contributed from one of our beloved sisters, I think will do the trick.
What is better than a crepe filled with a kinda like chicken pot pie ragout? Nothing..:) Enjoy!!!
300 gr flour
3 eggs @ 70 gr
1 1/2 tsp salt
600 ml fresh milk
200 gr carrots, boiled and chopped like small dice
100 gr chicken fillet, boiled and chopped, put aside for chicken stock for at least 1
2 tbs chop finely celery
3 tbs margarine
2 tbs onion, chop finely
500 ml chicken stock + 200 ml fresh milk, stir
1 tsp salt
3 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
1/2 tsp chicken stock block. Example: knorr (optional)
20 gr flour
1 egg and 25 ml water, mix it
How to make thin pancake:
- Mix flour and salt. Make a hole in the middle, put the eggs, then mix it while pouring the fresh milk, stir well until no lump. Put aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the non-stick pan diameter 15-20 cm, put small amount of margarine on the pan, pour the pancake mix dough more less 50 ml until all pan base is covered, and wait until 30 second to1 minute or until all mix is well done. Do it continually until the dough is finish.
How to make rogout:
- Heat the pan, and make the margarine melt.
- Stir fried onion until smelled,
- Pour the mixing chicken stock and milk, then flour.
- Put inside the rest ingredients, such as chicken, carrots, etc and stir finely until well done.
- Take 1 thin pancake, put in the middle pancake 1 tbs of rogout mix, fold it as you fold the spring roll. Do it continually until the pancake is finish.
- Dip in the eggs mix, then dip in the bread crumbs until all covered.
- Keep in the fridge more less than 1 hour, then fried it on hot oil and pan until brownish and well done.
Additional: it is more tastier if you meal it with chilly-sauce.