Kufta Basya with Tomatoes Gravy
- 500 g ground lamb or beef
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon oil (optional)
–For tomato sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or crushed in a press
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped, or 1 can of tomatoes
- Salt, pepper and pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- Mix the meat with onion, salt, pepper, 1 cup chopped parsley and knead to combine.
- Make ovals from the mix of kufta ingredients.
- Put them on pan with little oil and cook them for about 15 minutes until done and the color changes.
For tomato sauce:
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic with a little oil until the color changes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, tomato puree, and sugar; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then pour in the cooked meatballs (kufta) which were already arranged in a plate, and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
Serve with white rice.