My Ramadan Diary Wish List.
Marhabah ya Ramadan!
Subhannallah. It’s already day 8 going on to day 9. It’s 1:27 am. I have been trying to find time to share my story but due to the late hour of Maghrib and the close proximity to Isha and Taraweh it has not been easy finding the time. I am right now eating into the window of sleeping prior to Suhur! But… I just wanted to share what has been happening on my side of the woods which is on uh… the eastern seaboard of the U.S of A..
So…Although Mecca is a long way from here, the Masjid is just 10 minutes away! As usual our local masjid has brought the Imam from Morocco who has an amazing recitation voice. So our usual plan is to have our iftar, pray Maghrib at the home then 1 hour later we head over to the Masjid to pray Isha and Taraweh. Since the 1st day of Ramadhan, Al-hamdullilah, we have had guests, friends, and the Imam over for Iftar so it has been warm and amazing to see all of the people we don’t get to see usually! We get to break our fast together, pray and then head over to the Masjid together and continue to praying Taraweh. Allhamdullilah.
Here are some of my struggles:
- Weaning off coffee.
- Time to read Qur’an more.
- Spend quality time with the family
- Keeping a dunia schedule. Working full time in a non-Muslim environment is rough.
- Writing. 🙂
- I can’t wrap my head around how fast time is moving!
- Ramadhan is an amazing and special month and my heart feels so sad that it will end soon.
- Breaking fast. I think having Iftars are my favorite thing.
- Going to Taraweh
- Knowing that I am struggling to fix my inner self.
What I wish:
- To have a month off from dunia work.
Here are some photo’s 🙂