Halal Recipe: Poffertjes
Although in its native country, Poffertjes are often served as a snack for afternoon tea or coffee, this snack can also be served as your breakfast. As a finishing touch, poffertjes without filling can be accentuated by sprinkling sugar and they are a nice companion for ice cream. You can also add chocolate or caramel sauce, or you can try them with other various fillings. Poffertjes is most delicious when served warm.
- 250 ml of liquid milk
- 150 gr flour
- 50 g cornstarch
- 40 grams of refined sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp yeast
- 2 eggs
- 60 g butter, melted
- Chocolate chips
- Cheese, cut into pieces
- Smoked beef
How to make:
- Mix all the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Make a hole in the middle, and then pour in the eggs and milk.
- Stir well until the mixture becomes a smooth dough.
- Allow approximately 1 hour for the dough to rise.
- Then, add melted butter, stir again until well blended.
- Heat the mold pan over the fire, spread the mold with butter.
- Pour batter approximately to 1/2 of the mold, put the filling in the middle.
- Cook until 1/2 cooked (browned at outside but inside is still slightly damp).
- Remove poffertjes from the mold, and then refill the empty mold with new dough, cover it with the half done poffertjes, so it becomes a ball shape.
- Heat back until it is well done.