Macaroni Balls Recipe
My children love food made from macaroni, so I tried macaroni balls fried in the air fryer to reduce the amount of oil. But if you do not have an air fryer you can fry them with a wok.
Ingredients for Macaroni Balls:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 50 g (1/4 pieces) onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 250 ml fresh milk
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 200 grams macaroni boiled, drained
- 100 grams of minced chicken, bacon or minced beef
- 50 grams cheese (cheddar), grated
- 50 grams flour
- 1 egg
- 100 grams bread crumbs
- Cooking oil
How To Make:
- Heat butter in a skillet, saute onion and garlic.
- Add flour and stir.
- Add milk little by little, stir constantly until boiling.
- Add celery, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and sugar.
- Add macaroni, meat / chicken and grated cheese. Once cooked remove and let cool slightly.
- Shape the cooked macaroni into round circles like a ball.
- Breading: mix bread crumbs and cooking oil in a bowl; beat the egg in another bowl and pour the flour into a separate bowl
- Roll the macaroni balls first in the flour, then dip into the beaten egg, and finally roll in the bread crumbs mixture.
- Heat a wok or air fryer, fry macaroni balls until golden brown.