Chicken Recipe: Hainam Rice with Rice Cooker
During my busy days, Hainam rice becomes one of my easy recipes on the menu for my family, lunch or dinner. The preparation is practical, it does not need too many spices, and we can leave it in the rice cooker while doing other activities. Try it, you will definitely be hooked!
- 3 cups of rice
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 cm ginger, crushed
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- water to boil chicken and to cook rice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Here is how to make it:
- Puree garlic mixed with salt
- Heat butter and olive oil in a pan
- Add the puree and ginger that has been crushed into the pan. Cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces into the mixture.
- Add water until the chicken is soaked. Cover the pan, cook the chicken for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, let the chicken cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Prepare the rice cooker, add 3 cups of rice. I usually wash the rice first before cooking it.
- Add the boiled chicken along with the stock on the top of rice.
- Measure water for the proper amount to cook the rice with the rice cooker.
- Dissolve pepper in 1 tablespoon sesame oil, then pour into the rice.
- Cook the rice.
- Hainam rice is ready to be served hot.