Red Soup / Tomato Soup
Wanting something light and fresh? This is the soup for you. Just in time for the cooler weather giving you a nice balance of summer and welcoming the fall weather. Make a big batch and freeze the soup in individual containers for a quick bite to eat during week.
Select fresh and dark red tomatoes, so you will taste it really fresh and will result in a rich tomatoey color!
The ingredients can be varied according to taste.
- 1-1.5 litre chicken broth
- 3/4 cup boiled chicken meat / sausage / mortadella
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup canned mushrooms, thickly sliced.
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 2-3 tablespoon macaroni
- 1 tablespoon celery (celery large trunked), thinly sliced
- 500-600 gram red tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 150 ml tomato pasta
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb
- Salt to taste
- Granulated sugar to taste
- 1/4 pcs onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon olive oil, for frying
- Garlic bread
- Parmesan cheese
How to make:
- Boil chicken broth.
- Meanwhile, saute onion until fragrant, then put the chopped tomatoes and Italian herb.
- Stir-fry again until tomatoes do not smell rotten.
- By using a hand blender, puree the onion and tomatoes then put it into the broth.
- Add tomato paste, cook with low heat until the aroma is smelled.
- Add water if necessary, according to the thickness you like.
- Add carrots, cook until done.
- Put other ingredients, cook again until completely cooked.
- Give salt, sugar and pepper. Taste it.
- Serve warm with garlic bread.
- If you like you can sprinkle it with parmesan cheese.
- Cook macaroni separately then add to the soup when it will be served.