Easy Spicy Hoisin Chicken Recipe
This spicy hoisin chicken recipe is my new recipe on the menu when using hoisin sauce. We will use chicken breast fillet as its main ingredient and for added flavor, I’ve included red and green chillies as my family likes spicy foods, but if you do not like spicy food you can replace it with bell peppers.
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 egg white
- 350 grams of chicken breast, (skinless, boneless)
- 1 pc onion, cut in two, sliced
- 4 garlic, crushed, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce (to taste)
- Chicken broth, to taste
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- Red and green chilies, to taste, sliced oblique
- Scallion, cut into 2 cm oblique
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil + 1 teaspoon sesame oil, for sauteing
How to make:
- Slice the chicken to your taste, then soak it with a mixture of egg white, soy sauce and black pepper minimum 1 hour.
- Heat oil and saute onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add the chicken to the marinated spices, stir-fry until chicken changes color.
- Add the hoisin sauce, chilli sauce, dark soy sauce and chicken broth.
- Add sugar.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked and the flavors mingle. Taste it.
- Finally add the sliced red pepper / green, stir briefly until slightly wilted.
- Add the scallion. Remove from heat.
- Serve warm.