Stay-cation? No need to spend $$$ on your next vacation.
As budgets are an important thing to keep. Especially us as Muslimah’s we shouldn’t squander money when not needed to. Sometimes it’s good for the health of the family finances and also to keep the world Green (using less petrol creating less polution) that you may want to consider your next “time off” or “vacation” and make it a stay-cation.
What’s a stay-cation?
It’s a vacation but you take it at home or near your domicile.
What’s the fun in that?
Fun is in the mind and what your mind set it to be!
Things to do:
- Camp outside in your front or backyard.
- Make a cool picnic and Barbaque right in your backyard or in your neighbors backyard!
- Go to the local zoo.
- Explore downtown – if you are like me with such a hectic schedule you just may haven’t made it down to your local Medina or Downtown.
- Go hiking and picnic
- Explore the local farms
- Read books. Turn off the wifii, no internet, no tv. Make your own read-a-thon
- Create your own movie week, don’t forget the popcorn, dimmed out lights and theatre feel
- Re-decorate your house, room, whatever you wish you had done a long time ago!
- Visit local family and friends – make it a meet your neighbor week!
- Play Geocaching. Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.
- Or, do a virtual tour of Museums or places right from your own home. (you will need a computer) check these places out! But these are all virtual and you will only need a computer, maybe if you want to connect to your large screen TV you would just need to connect it with an HDMI cable.
- Visit Makkah or visit Islamic religious sites.
- Visit Masjid Al Aqsa.
- The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History (physically located in Washington DC). Just click here and virtually be at the museum!
- The Boston’s Children’s Museum in Boston Massachusetts, USA. Click here.
- The Miami Children’s Museum in Miami Florida, USA. Click here.
- The Louvre in Paris France. Click here.
- The White House in Washington, DC. USA. Click here.
- See a 360 degree view of top world places. Click here.
- Choose many historic sites in the USA – click here for virtual tours. There is a long list of choices on historic sites that you can visit via the internet (virtual) right from your own home wherever you are in the world.
- Go to London! Click here for the virtual tour.
- See Bali, Indonesia! Click here for virtual tours.
- Make spaghetti or Lasagna and go to Italy! Click here to go!
- Visit Burj Al Arab, Jumeriah. Click here!
- Enjoy Malaysia! Click here.
- Go to the Blue Mosque in Turkey. Click here.
The possibilities are endless. Staying close to home isn’t a bad idea. During the year we are all so busy bustling around doing our routine and schedules and we don’t see some of the amazing places just right at our front door!