Szechuan Beef Noodle Soup
Szechuan beef noodle soup is a noodle soup made of stewed or red braised beef, beef broth, vegetables and Chinese noodles.
- 600-800 grams of beef sirloin
- 600 grams of noodles
- 4-6 bok choys (chinese cabbages)
- 3-4 centimeters of ginger, cut into pieces
- 3-4 scallions (or green onions), cut into pieces
- 1-2 star anise
- dried chili peppers, at will
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-1,5 tablespoon of chili sauce (or pepper sauce)
- 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of chili oil, optional
- 500-700 milliliters of beef broth
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 3 tablespoon of cooking oil
Here are how to make:
- Cut 500-800 grams of beef sirloin into cubes.
- Prepare 1,5-2 liters of water in a cooking pot. Add the beef.
- Cook the beef until it is done. Remove from the heat, then put aside.
- Prepare ginger, scallions, anise, the dried chili pepper, bay leaves.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of cooking oil in a wok and put the spice mixture into the hot oil.
- Stir fry the spices until they start to get fragrant.
- Add 1-1,5 tablespoon of chili sauce. Stir briefly.
- Add beef and mix gently
- Add 2 – 3 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of chili oil and stir briefly.
- Add 500-700 milliliters of beef broth, stir briefly.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and 4-6 bok choys to the wok. Cover the wok.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Boil the water, than add 600 gr noodle to boiling water.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes until welldone. Then remove it and make it dry.
- Put noodle on a bowl then add bok choi at will.
- Add beef and also beef broth. Ready to serve.